Parish Religious Education Report
CCD wish list:
· Replace VCR Tapes with DVD's probably about $2,000
· Lap top so that we can use it with the projector that we purchased.
· Books and supplies (notebooks,pens/pencils catechism books, bibles etc.) $350.00 plus
· Fabric and Banner supplies (robes,sash,etc.) $800.00
· Retreat and supplies $4000.00 (yes four thousand)
· Social supplies (paper products, soda, water etc.) $250.00
· Luncheon/dinners $800.00
· Cross pendants $180.00
Total $6380.00 round up to $6,500.00
Christian Beginnings Preschool is now in its fifteenth year. The school has received the approval of the Maryland State Department of Education. Marie Chrzanowski has served as Director since the school was founded. Teacher turnover is low. All have been there at least six years. The teachers work well together and share ideas and materials.
The four-year-old class is full this year with fourteen students in the morning class and fourteen students in the afternoon class. The three-year-old morning class is full with twelve students; the afternoon class has ten students enrolled and two spaces open.
We will hold an Open House for prospective students on February 23,2011. We anticipate good enrollment for next year. We have already had people observe classes and request registration forms. We also have quite a few siblings of former or currently enrolled students who will be signing up during Registration in February.
We do not anticipate any big changes in the next year. Our school’s greatest need is for publicity and to achieve full enrollment.